I know most visitors to this blog will have some knowledge and experience of Reflexology, but just in case you are new to the subject here are a few generally agreed statements which I hope you will find illuminating.
WHAT is REFLEXOLOGY?
Reflexology is an ancient and relaxing therapy that can help improve circulation and help normalize bodily functions. It is a holistic therapy which addresses the whole body rather than isolated symptoms.
- Reflexology is a system of healing by structured foot massage which is suitable for most disorders and diseases.
- The health of the human body is affected by many influences ranging from the obvious, such as the quality of the food we eat, and the air that we breathe, to the less obvious, such as the subtle energy systems that exist in each person.
- These energies flow along pathways which may mirror better known pathways such as nerves and blood vessels but also have an additional subsystems.
- In all cases these energies connect and give vitality to all the working parts of the body, and each energy pathway has a start/end point in the feet.
- Reflexology aims to restore a balanced flow of energy to all parts of the body by gentle massage of the reflex or energy points on the feet, thus restoring health and vitality.
- Some acute conditions may be relieved very quickly and simply, but others may need several treatments before healing will be noticed.
- Some people seek treatment for a particular condition and others with no specific ailment just enjoy the toning and relaxing experience of a treatment.
- Reflexology aims to complement other treatments, and in no way claims to replace orthodox medical care which, in some cases will be more appropriate.