6 reasons why you should drink lemon water!
One thing my clients know very well, is that I have a slight obsession with lemon water. I always have a bag of lemons in the fridge, and I wouldn’t start the day without my mug of hot lemon water.
When I take a client’s case history before working with them, we always talk about how much water they drink, and as most of them report a struggle with drinking enough water, I always recommend lemon water.
I’ve put together a short list of reasons why you should drink lemon water, some are very practical, and others are more for health reasons.
1. Drinking lemon water is a good way to help you increase your water consumption. If you don’t drink much water because you like hot drinks, then a quarter segment of lemon in a mug of hot water should solve that.
If you only like drinks with flavour, then you can’t find anything which tastes nicer than fresh sharp lemon.
Dehydration can cause headaches and fatigue, which is one of the most important reasons why you should drink lemon water.
2. A mug of hot lemon water is a great way to start your day. Lemons contain negatively charged ions which help increase energy naturally as they enter the digestive tract.
3. Lemon water boosts your vitamin C. Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, and a few cups a day, will significantly increase your levels. Vitamin C has a vital role in preventing cell damage, and in supporting your immune system. It’s a great way to keep colds away.
4. Lemon water is very good for digestion. It helps the body to process food more slowly, which helps to prevent bloating. It stimulates the liver, which helps remove toxins.
5. Because it contains pectin, which helps you feel full, drinking lemon water can help with weight loss over time.
6. It tastes delicious. If you only need one reason why you should drink lemon water, then this should be it!
I hope by now you are inspired to start your new habit of drinking lemon water every day. There are plenty of variations on how you can drink it, but my method is very simple. I quarter a lemon, and squeeze it into a mug, and drop the squeezed quarter in as well. Then, just top with boiling water. The beauty of this method, is that it tastes good hot and cold, so it really doesn’t make any difference if you forget about it for a while.